Self Contained Fluid Filled
Self Contained Fluid Filled (SCFF) cable systems, also known as Low Pressure Oil Filled (LPOF) consist of cables, joints and terminations with oil-impregnated paper dielectric insulation. This is a legacy technology which was the norm for high voltage cable insulation during most of the 20th century. There is still a significant number of SCFF cable systems in service which need to be maintained, repaired, upgraded, diverted, and eventually de-commissioned and removed.
EHV Power provides the following services for SCFF cable systems:
- Hydraulic system analysis and rehabilitation
- Dieletric fluid degassification and testing
- Installation of SCFF cable terminations up to 345kV
- Installation of transition SCFF to XLPE cable joints
- Dissolved gas analysis reporting
- Installation of sheath bonding systems
- Fault locating
EHV Power can service any brand of SCFF cable and accessories, with special focus on Canada Wire & Cable (CW&C), Alcatel Canada Wire (ACW) and hvGrid-tech systems.